Generally Menu can be classified into 2 types:
- Static menu. Menu items are hard-coded in page, template, metadata files or source code. User cannot change the menu in the application.
- Dynamic menu. Menu is generated from the database and user can configure menu in the application.
Cubi is going to support both static and dynamic menus. In Cubi first release, static menu will be supported. In Openbiz 2.4, there are 3 different types of navigation components.
- Tab. Include top-level application tab and in page tab (2nd level)
- Menu. It support pull down menu up to 3 levels
- Tree. It organize menu items in tree style
- Same metadata for tab, menu and tree.
- Different template to render tab, menu or tree.
- Have "Application tab" and "Admin menu" for Cubi to use.
<menu Name="" Class="" TemplateEngine="PHP" TemplateFile="">
<menuitem url="" target="" text="a" icon="a.gif">
<menuitem url="" target="" text="a1" icon="a1.gif">